
I LOVE open and dump recipes (semi homemade). After working at O.G. for a few years I learned to love their dishes. This is one of their 'lighter' dishes. I love the freshness of this dish AND my husband and kids loved it.
I used 1 bag of frozen shrimp (I threw away the package that is why it is not in the picture.)
1 box of penne pasta ( I used whole grain, but any kind of penne works)
1 bag of frozen pepper strips (I get these and other recipe starters; diced onions, grn peppers at Walmart or Smiths in their fzn vegetable section)
1/4 red onion sliced
1 bottle of Mezzetta Napa Valley Arribiata sauce (so yummy! down the pasta sauce isle)
As many fresh mushrooms quartered as you like.
Put a little oil in your pan. Saute the shrimp (the package has a more detailed instructions) add the pepper strips and onion. After a few minutes add the mushrooms, sauce and finally the penne. Serve with your favorite salad and bread. Jay even took the leftovers to work a few days later AND ate it. (that NEVER happens) It must be good!

2 comments:
I'm always a bit timid with frozen seafood. Is there a brand you recommend? Looks yummy!
I agree with you on frozen seafood, but I think as far as shrimp goes, you can't go too wrong? I definitely do not de vein. I have used both the precooked and uncooked, obviously precooked is faster.
Post a Comment