Sunday, March 16, 2008

Chicken Satay

I was lucky enough to just get home yesterday from a scrapbooking weekend with some fabulous ladies! We always have tons of fun and eat lots of great food. My sister Carol gave me this recipe that my friend Kiley Patano and I used for our lunch offering on the trip. (p.s. this picture is borrowed from an internet cooking site and NOT actually a picture that I took. They were too yummy to take the time to photograph them, but this is pretty close!)

Chicken Satay Wraps

2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves- grilled with grill seasoning and sliced (or you can substitute Costco rotisserie chicken- which is what I usually do).
Whole wheat tortillas
Assorted vegetables; we used sliced red pepper, cucumber, shredded carrot and sliced green apple. You can pretty much use anything you like.

Wrap the chicken and vegetables in the tortilla and slather with the Satay sauce. White rice is also good added to the wrap to make it more filling.

Satay Sauce
3 T Chunky Peanut Butter
3 T Dark Soy Sauce
1/4 c Apple Juice
2 t Hot Sauce (sarachi)
Juice of 1 Lime

Heat peanut butter in microwave. Stir with soy sauce, juices and hot sauce.
(Note: I have found that it works best to put the other ingredients into the peanut butter- if you try to put the peanut butter in last, it kind of seizes up and won't mix in very well.)
-----

No comments: